Nigerian defender Kingsley Ehizibue joins Genoa after 4-year stint at Udinese

‎Nigerian international Kingsley Ehizibue has completed a free transfer to Genoa after leaving Udinese at the end of last season.


‎The right-back made 32 Serie A appearances for Udinese in the 2025/26 campaign, taking his tally to more than 115 games and four goals across four seasons at the club before his contract expired in June without a renewal.



‎Ehizibue, 31, has now signed a contract with Genoa and completed his medical to join the club.



‎“Genoa CFC announces that it has completed the signing of winger Kingsley Ehizibue, a new addition to the squad for the 2026/27 season. Born on May 25, 1995, Ehizibue has played for Udinese over the last four seasons. In the last Serie A season, Enilive reported that he made 32 appearances, scoring two goals and playing a very high number of minutes (over 1,900 minutes). The player has undergone medical checks at the CDS – La Tua Casa della Salute facilities, signing a multi-year contract with the club. He will begin training with his teammates in the coming days”, a statement on the website of the club reads.



‎The chief of football at the club Diego Lopez, also have his opinion on the signing. “Ehizibue brings sprint, ample mileage, and knowledge of the league: always a plus. With Kingsley, we’ve finalized the full-back roster. We’re counting on his athleticism and adaptability to be ready to contribute quickly.”



‎Reacting to the statements, Ehizibue, who rejected an offer to join the team previously, said, “As a believer, it’s the best way to ask for forgiveness after having backed out of the offer I received years ago. Things change, and my outlook has changed. I want to get involved, and I feel joy in knowing I’ll be representing Genoa. I thank the club.”

Comments