"My wife fights me with knife, please dissolve our marriage before she k!lls me" - Man begs Oyo court


‎A man, Adebisi, has pleaded for his marriage to be dissolved. Adebisi brought a divorce suit against his wife before the Mapo Grade A Customary Court in Ibadan, Oyo State.



‎He alleged that she was troublesome, violent, and in the habit attacking him with a knife during a fight.


‎The plaintiff further stated that their families had become enemies as a result of their constant fight.


‎The plaintiff stated that he his life was  not safe with his wife, and therefore pleaded that their union be dissolved.


‎Feyisara was absent in court despite been issued and served the court proceedings.


‎Adebisi, giving his testimony said, “My marriage to my wife has been hellish because my wife causes a lot of trouble in our home. I came to court before she k!lls me.

‎“Feyisara has refused that I have rest of mind. My wife turns every discussion we hold into an argument and would go wild.


‎"She is violent and always ready to fight. We fight almost every day. She fights me with a knife. She will draw the knife at me and dare that I raise my hand against her.

‎“Our frequent fights have brought enmity into our families, and most especially between our mothers.

‎“My wife daily humiliates me as a result of her undignified behaviour. I have reached the end of my tether and I want divorce.”


‎The president of the court, Mrs S.M Akintayo, adjourned the case and ordered a fresh hearing notice to be issued and served the defendant.

Comments